Rules InlineSkating Cracovia Marathon
I. PATRONAGE AND ORGANIZERS
1. The event is held under the patronage of the Mayor of Krakow.
2. The Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon is organized by the Municipality of Krakow, Sports Infrastructure Management Board of Krakow.
II. TIME AND PLACE
1. The Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon will take place on 27 April 2013
2. The race begins on Aleja 3 Maja in Błonia Park, Krakow, at 4 PM.
3. The finishing line is on Aleja 3 Maja in Błonia Park, Krakow.
4. Marathon course length is 42.195 km and comprises of 12 laps around Błonia Park, Krakow.
5. The water/food point will be located every 3550 meters (each lap).
The first table will be set with cups of plain water, the second with isotonic drinks and the third with fruit. The tables will be 10 meters apart.
Note: The Organizer will not store or offer to Participants' their own diet supplements.
6. The medical assistance point with paramedics will be located 100 meters from the water/food point.
III. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Only persons above the age 16 (as of 27 April 2013) can enter the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon. Minors must have a written parental consent.
2. During the registration process all Participants must submit a declaration stating that they are fully aware of the risks and dangers arising from the participation in the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon and that their health condition allows them to take part in the race. In case of any uncertainty as to the health condition of the Participant he shall seek the opinion of a physician at his own expense.
3. All Participants are required to wear protective helmets during the race. It is also recommended to wear knee and elbow protectors.
4. For the purposes of time measurement and creating time lists during the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon an electronic timing system will be used. During the verification process, each Participant will receive a chip attached to his starting number; its proper placement is necessary in order to participate in the marathon and be listed in the standings.
5. Only Participants who complete the official course of the marathon within the time limit of 3 hours shall be listed in the standings. The Participants using shortcuts will be disqualified. The Participants who fail to complete the race before 7 PM are required to stop the race.
The Participants who fail to comply with the rules and do not stop the race will be disqualified.
6. During the race the Participants shall comply with the instructions of the persons acting on behalf of the Organizer, those in charge of safety and police authorities.
7. It is strictly forbidden to use any motorized vehicles or means of transportation, other than roller blades, during the marathon.
8. Changing rooms and a clothes deposit will be located in the area of the finish line and shall collect Participants' personal belongings put in bags (supplied by the Organizer during the verification process). Changing rooms and a clothes deposit will be open on 27 April between, between 2 PM and 8 PM. Personal belongings put in bags shall be returned the Participants upon presenting a starting number. The Organizer is not responsible for lost starting numbers and bags collected by other persons.
9. The Participants agree for their personal data to be processed for the internal purposes of the Organizer; the Participants allow for their image to be used in information and promotional materials.
10. The Participants are not allowed to participate in the race while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
11. The Organizer does not provide any insurance against accidents.
12. The Participants passing their starting numbers to another person will be disqualified.
13. The Participants disqualified from other racing events are not allowed to enter the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon before the disqualification period ends.
IV. REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FEE
1. The application process for the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon may be completed in the following way:
a. on the official website of the Cracovia Marathon, before 12:00 PM, Wednesday, 24 April 2013
b. in the Race Office on 26-27 April 2013
2. The Participants' verification process, collecting race kits with start numbers and additional registration shall be done at the Race Office.
The Participants shall personally collect their respective starting kits. The starting kits shall be issued upon presenting a valid ID or passport, as well as a proof of entry fee payment (in the case of unverified participants)
3. The Race Office will be located at the lobby below the west stand of the Henryk Reyman Municipal Stadium (Wisła Kraków Stadium). The entrance is from the Reymana street.
04.26.2013 between 12 PM and 5:00 PM
04.27.2013 between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
4. The registration shall be valid upon providing a completed registration form, signing a declaration and paying the entry fee (except for the individuals exempt from the payment). The Organizer is not responsible for lost registration forms.
5. The entry fee is:
PLN 50 before 04.24.2013
PLN 100 at the Race Office between 04.26.2013 and 04.27.2013
20% of the fee for the Krakow Family Card holders - a valid card along with an ID shall be presented during the verification process in the Race Office
6. The entry fee shall be paid:
a. to the bank account, no later than on 24 April 2013
b. at the Race Office on 26-27 April 2013
7. Bank account no.:
Recipient: Zarząd Infrastruktury Sportowej w Krakowie, ul. Walerego Sławka 10,
Bank Pekao S.A. o/Kraków 19 1240 4432 1111 0010 2296 0013
IBAN: PL 19 1240 4432 1111 0010 2296 0013
Transfer description: "Opłata startowa za Cracovia Maraton na Rolkach" and the name and surname of the Participant.
Individuals who wish to receive a VAT invoice should provide the Organizer with their personal data along with a proof of payment within 4 days of the date of payment and to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. The entry fee is non-refundable.
9. Upon paying the entry fee all Participants receive a starting kit.
1. The following classification shall be kept during the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon
a. General: females and males
b. Age categories of females and males:
F 16-17 M 16-17
F 18-39 M 18-39
F 40-49 M 40-49
F 50-59 M 50-59
F 60-69 M-60-69
F 70 and more M 70 and more
1. All Participants who complete the race will receive a commemorative medal.
2. The prizes in the general category for females and males:
Places 1-3 - the trophies funded by the Mayor of Krakow
3. The award ceremony will take place during the Pasta Party between 7:30 PM and 8:00 PM
VII. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1. As in previous years, the Organizer is trying to obtain discounts from MPK. Updates on the subject shall be posted on the official Marathon website.
2. On 27 April 2013, between 2 PM and 8 PM and at the Marathon Area of Błonia Park in Krakow a Pasta Party will be held. All Participants of the race may participate in the event free of charge. During the Pasta Party, the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon award ceremony will be held.
1. The costs of the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon are covered by: The Municipality of Krakow, Sponsors and Partners
2. The entry fees and transportation costs shall be covered by the Participants individually or as a group.
IX. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The Participants of the Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon are required to follow the present Terms & Conditions.
2. During the race the Participants are required to have the start numbers provided by the Organizer; the start numbers must be pinned in the back of a starting T-shirt. Covering the start number partially or in full is unacceptable and shall result in a disqualification.
3. The Organizer does not provide any roller blades, other equipment such as helmets and protectors or technical service.
4. Any written complaints following the payment of a deposit amounting to PLN 100 must be submitted to the Race Office before 8:00 PM on the day of the race. The deposit will be reimbursed after accepting the complaint.
5. The Inline Skating (Roller blading) Cracovia Marathon Director reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions. The Participants shall be notified of any change hereto before the race.
6. All persons collecting the starting kit automatically agree to the present Terms & Conditions.