REGULATIONS OF THE INLINE SKATING CRACOVIA MARATHON
REGULATIONS OF THE INLINE SKATING CRACOVIA MARATHON
I. PATRONAGE AND ORGANIZERS
1. The event takes place under the auspices of the President of the City of Cracow.
2. The organizer of the Inline Skating (Rollerblading) Cracovia Marathon is the Municipality of Cracow, the Board of Sports Infrastructure in Cracow
II. TIME AND PLACE
1. The Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon shall take place on April 21, 2012.
2. Participants of the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon will start their run from the Aleja 3 Maja (name of a street) on Krakowskie Błonia at 4 p.m.
3. The finish line of the marathon is in the Aleja 3 Maja on Krakowskie Błonia.
4. The length of the route is 42.195 km. It consists of 12 rounds around Krakowskie Błonia.
5. Nutrition and refreshment points will be located on each round that is every 3550 meters.
There will be cups with still mineral water on the first table, cups with isotonic drink on the second table and fruit on the third one. The tables will be situated in a 10 m distance.
Attention! The organizer doesn't accept any private nutrients from the participants.
6. The first-aid point with medical rescuers will be situated 100 meters behind the nutrition point. There will be toilets situated behind the first-aid point.
III. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants of the inline skating marathon must be 16 years old as per April 21, 2012. Participants who are under 18 have to submit a written consent of their parents or legal supervisors.
2. During the registration the participants are obliged to submit declaration that they are aware of possible dangers concerning participation in the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon and that their health condition allows them to take part in the run. Provided there are doubts in regard to the participant's health condition and his or her participation in the competition, the participant shall be obliged to consult the doctor before taking part in the run.
3. Each participant is obliged to wear a safety helmet. It is also advised to wear knee and elbow pads.
4. During the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon a time measurement electronic system will be applied in order to measure times and arrange the runners in order. Each participant will be given a chip which will have to be properly fitted. False fitting of the chip will result in withdrawal from the competition as well as from the final classification of participants.
5. The classification of the participant is possible only if he or she accomplishes the run on the strictly established marathon's route within the statutory time of 3 hours. Any attempts to shorten the route shall result in immediate disqualification. The participants who fail to accomplish the run by 7 p.m. shall be obliged to stop the run and leave the route. Whoever remains on the route after 7 p.m., will be disqualified.
6. During the run the participants shall comply with orders of safety services and representatives of the organizer.
7. Participants must not use any other vehicles than inline skates (rollerblades).
8. The cloakroom and storage room for clothes will be situated close to the finish line. The participants can leave there their private stuff packed into the bags (bags will be delivered by the organizers). The cloakroom and the storage room will be open on April 21 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. The participants will be returned their bags according to their number bib. The organizers don't take responsibility for handing over the stuff to wrong person in case of loss of entry number's certificate by participant.
9. The participants agree to process their private data for internal purposes of the organizer and to use their public image in the advertisement and promotional materials.
10. Under no condition can the participants under the influence of alcohol or drugs take part in the marathon.
11. The organizer does not provide the participants with an accident insurance.
12. Passing a number bib to another person will result in disqualification of the participant.
13. The Participants who have been disqualified in other running events must not take part in the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon until the disqualification terminates.
IV. APPLICATIONS AND ENTRANCE FEE
1. Application for the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon can be submitted:
a. via Cracovia Marathon's website by 12 p.m. on April 18, 2012.
b. in the Marathon's Office on April 20 and 21, 2012
2. Verification of participants, disposing starter packages together with number bibs and additional applications shall take place in the Marathon's Office. Each participant must collect his or her package personally. Packages will be disposed according to ID or passport presented together with certificate of payment (of the entrance fee). Certificate of payment will be required for non-verified participants only.
3. The Marathon's Office will be situated in City Stadium on Reymonta Street and will be open on:
April 20, 2012 between 12 a.m. and 8 p.m.
April 21, 2012 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m
4. To be accepted, the application must consist of properly completed application form, the declaration signed by the participant and certificate of payment (except for those who have been exempted from the entrance fee). The organizers shall not be responsible for lost applications.
5. The entrance fee is:
PLN 50 till April 18, 2012.
PLN 100 in the Marathon's Office
6. The entrance fee shall be paid:
a. on the bank account by April 18, 2012.
b. in the Marathon's Office on April 20 and 21, 2012.
7. Number of the bank account for payments in PLN and Euro:
Recipient: Zarząd Infrastruktury Sportowej w Krakowie, ul. Walerego Sławka 10,
Bank Pekao S.A. o/Kraków 19 1240 4432 1111 0010 2296 0013
IBAN: PL 19 1240 4432 1111 0010 2296 0013
Title of payment: "Entrance fee for the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon" fill in with full name of a participant for whom the payment is being made
8. Once paid, the entrance will not be returned.
9. The Director of the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon shall have right to exempt any participant from the entrance fee upon participant's prior written request.
10. The starter package covered by the entrance fee includes:
- number bib
- commemorative newsletter
- bag for clothes and private stuff
- informational materials
1. During the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon classification in the following categories will be held:
a. General classification of men and women
b. Classification according to the age of participant:
W 16-17 M 16-17
W 18-39 M 18-39
W 40-49 M 40-49
W 50-59 M 50-59
W 60-69 M 60-69
W 70+ M 70+
1. Each of participants who accomplishes the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathin will receive a commemorative medal.
2. Prizes of the marathon in general classification for men and women:
places I-III - material prizes sponsored by patrons
3. Prizes in age categories male and female:
I - voucher 200PLN
II - voucher 100PLN
III - voucher 50 PLN
4. Participants who win prizes in general classification shall also be taken into account while awarding prizes in age category.
5. Prizes will be awarded only to those participants who have accomplished the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon. The cash prizes will be deducted an income tax in accordance with binding law.
6. The organizer reserves right to award prizes in other categories as well.
7. Prizes in particular age category will be awarded only if at least three participants representing this category accomplish the run.
8. The finishing ceremony will take place during the Pasta Party between 7.30 and 8.00 p.m.
VII. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1. Similarly to former editions of the marathon, the Organizer makes attempts to gain some discount on the municipal communication tickets. The information on possible discount will be announced on the website.
2. On April 16 between 6 and 9 p.m. in the Marathon Village on Krakowskie Błonia the ‘Pasta Party' will be held. The party will be open to each participant of the marathon. The finishing ceremony of the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon will take place then.
1. The costs of the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon shall be covered by: the Municipality of Cracow, sponsors and partners.
2. The cost of entrance fee, communication and other related costs shall be covered by the participants (individually or in groups).
IX. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Participants of the Inline Skating Cracovia Marathon shall be obliged to comply with provisions of these Regulations.
2. The participants are obliged to have the number bibs provided by the organizer attached to the back side of the T-shirt during the run. Covering the number bib in part or in total is unacceptable and results in disqualification of the participant.
3. The organizer does not provide rollerblades, equipment required for participants (helmets, protection pads) or technical service.
4. Written complaints preceded by payment of security in the amount of PLN 100 will be collected by the Marathon's Office by 8 p.m. on the day of the competition. Security will be returned after settling affair with positive result.
5. The Director of the Cracovia Marathon reserves the right to introduce amendments to the Regulations. In case of such amendments he shall be obliged to inform the participants about their content before the event.
6. Collection of the starter package and signing the declaration shall be considered as acceptance of the Regulations.